Adopt Your Street (AyS) - Celebration
Between 2019 and 2024, the local community in Prestwich have adopted over 405 streets and areas. During this campaign we provided everyone who signed up a litter picker, hoop, bags and a plastic sign which people have displayed on their street and help to encourage others to keep it litter free.
We are now pausing this campaign although we shall during Prestwich Clough Day in May 2024 be once more encouraging people who visit our stall to pledge to Adopt Your Street.
You can view all the Adopt Your Street locations by clicking here. The green pins denote streets that have been adopted and the blue bins - Business that have adopted.
Now that you have adopted your Street, here are a couple of useful reminders:
- If you pick up a small amount of litter and you pass a public rubbish bin during your pick, please empty the rubbish into the bin.
- If you fill up an entire transparent bin bag, please tie it up tight and place it next to a public rubbish bin for the council to collect when they empty the bin.Blue bags ideally should be used to collect recyclables such as cans and bottles.
- If you would like some transparent bags, come along to one of our litter picks! See our Group Litter Picking Schedule.
- Alternatively you can collect transparent/ blue bags from Village Greens Coop, 1 Longfield Centre - just call in and ask.
- If you fill up a bin bag of your own, please place in your grey bin/dispose of it
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear and, ideally, gloves
- Don't pick up broken glass, needles or sharps
- Don't risk falling or picking litter on slippery ground
- If you see large items and fly-tipping, please report it here: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=11296
- Finally Thank You for Pledging - Please feel free to take a photo of any litter picking you do and post onto our FaceBook page to share you hard work - our community will be most appreciative.