Clean Team Prestwich - Adopt Your Street (AyS)
We will give you:
All you need to do is fill in the form, below and we'll get the above to you to you to allow you to keep your street, road, park; litter free. A street can be adopted by multiple people - if everyone did their bit we'd have a lovely clean Prestwich.
*Subject to availability - see conditions below
You can view all the Adopt Your Street locations by clicking here. The green pins denote streets that have been adopted and the blue bins - Business that have adopted.
We launched this campaign on May 19th 2019 at Prestwich Clough Day. One street can be adopted by many people, and we will also be encouraging local businesses to adopt their road. As of 16/04/21 we have 216 pledgers!!
Now that you have adopted your Street, here are a couple of useful reminders:
- If you pick up a small amount of litter and you pass a public rubbish bin during your pick, please empty the rubbish into the bin.
- If you fill up an entire transparent bin bag, please tie it up tight and place it next to a public rubbish bin for the council to collect when they empty the bin.Blue bags ideally should be used to collect recyclables such as cans and bottles.
- If you would like some transparent bags, come along to one of our litter picks! We run them on the first Sunday of each month - see our Group Litter Picking Schedule.
- Alternatively you can collect transparent/ blue bags from either Village Greens Coop, 1 Longfield Centre - or Premier Multisaver Convenience Store, 10-12 Whittaker Lane - just call in and ask.
- If you fill up a bin bag of your own, please place in your grey bin/dispose of it
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear and, ideally, gloves
- Don't pick up broken glass, needles or sharps
- Don't risk falling or picking litter on slippery ground
- If you see large items and fly-tipping, please report it here: https://www.bury.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=11296
- Finally Thank You for Pledging - Please feel free to take a photo of any litter picking you do and post onto our FaceBook page to share you hard work - our community will be most appreciative.